By Dennis Komm
This textbook explains on-line computation in several settings, with specific emphasis on randomization and suggestion complexity. those settings are analyzed for varied on-line difficulties similar to the paging challenge, the k-server challenge, activity store scheduling, the knapsack challenge, the bit guessing challenge, and difficulties on graphs.
This ebook is suitable for undergraduate and graduate scholars of laptop technology, assuming a simple wisdom in algorithmics and discrete arithmetic. additionally researchers will locate this a important reference for the hot box of recommendation complexity.
Read or Download An Introduction to Online Computation: Determinism, Randomization, Advice (Texts in Theoretical Computer Science. An EATCS Series) PDF
Best machine theory books
For the 1st time in booklet shape, this complete and systematic monograph provides tools for the reversible synthesis of good judgment services and circuits. it's illustrated with a wealth of examples and figures that describe intimately the systematic methodologies of synthesis utilizing reversible common sense.
This ebook offers theories and the most invaluable thoughts of the Finite point procedure (FEM), with an advent to FEM and lots of case reviews of its use in engineering perform. It helps engineers and scholars to resolve basically linear difficulties in mechanical engineering, with a primary specialise in static and dynamic structural difficulties.
This textbook explains on-line computation in several settings, with specific emphasis on randomization and suggestion complexity. those settings are analyzed for varied on-line difficulties comparable to the paging challenge, the k-server challenge, task store scheduling, the knapsack challenge, the bit guessing challenge, and difficulties on graphs.
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the fifteenth overseas convention on Formal Modeling and research of Timed structures, codecs 2017, held in Berlin, Germany, in September 2017. The goal of codecs is to advertise the examine of basic and functional facets of timed platforms, and to collect researchers from diversified disciplines that proportion pursuits in modelling and research of timed structures and, as a generalization, hybrid structures.
- Conformal Prediction for Reliable Machine Learning: Theory, Adaptations and Applications
- Constructivity and Computability in Historical and Philosophical Perspective (Logic, Epistemology, and the Unity of Science)
- Advances in Independent Component Analysis (Perspectives in Neural Computing)
- Computational Intelligence Paradigms for Optimization Problems Using MATLAB®/SIMULINK®
- Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems: 22nd International Conference, TACAS 2016, Held as Part of the European Joint Conferences ... (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Parallel Problem Solving from Nature – PPSN XIV: 14th International Conference, Edinburgh, UK, September 17-21, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Extra info for An Introduction to Online Computation: Determinism, Randomization, Advice (Texts in Theoretical Computer Science. An EATCS Series)